This very simple to make recipe is perfect for a fall football afternoon. The spicy flavors of Chorizo sausage coupled with freshly chopped onions, red and green peppers and Tostitos Salsa Con Queso (Medium) make this a fall favorite. So simple a guy can make it!
Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 pound box of macaroni or other shell pasta.
- 1 pound of Chorizo sausage
- ½ of a red bell pepper – chopped into 1/4″ pieces
- ½ of a green bell pepper – chopped into 1/4″ pieces
- ½ of a Spanish onion chopped into 1/4″ pieces
- 1 tablespoon of dried jalapeno peppers or two fresh jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped (Optional)
- 1 15 ounce jar of Tostitos Salsa Con Queso (Medium)
- 1 ½ cups of Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- Cook pasta as per instructions on the package in a saucepan with 4 quarts of lightly salted water. When done drain water. Put pasta back into the pan.
- Thoroughly crumble the Chorizo sausage in a fry pan. Cook until well done. Drain the grease from pan. Put the cooked sausage on paper towels and blot to absorb any remaining grease. Put Chorizo in saucepan with the cooked pasta.
- Put chopped red bell pepper, chopped green bell pepper, and chopped Spanish onion into the saucepan with the pasta and Chorizo sausage.
- Add jalapeno if desired.
- Pour jar of Tostitos Salsa Con Queso into the saucepan with the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Place the mixture into a 13” x 9” baking pan.
- Mix 1 ½ cups of Panko bread crumbs, ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of chili powder together.
- Spread the dry coating evenly over the top of the pasta mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.