Make this tuna macaroni salad as the centerpiece of a sensational summer celebration.
Recipe makes 10 to 12 servings.
- 16 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- 6 to 8 green onions, both green and white parts chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 8 ounces pimientos, drained and chopped (Two 4 ounce jars)
- 1 cup sweet pickles relish
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 12 ounce can StarKist solid albacore tuna packed in water, drained well
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt (To Taste)
- ½ teaspoon finely ground white pepper (To Taste)
- Cook macaroni as instructed, leaving al dente in texture.
- Drain macaroni and rinse well with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Mix all other ingredients thoroughly.
- With the cooked macaroni at room temperature, mix together the macaroni and all other ingredients.
- Cool and serve.
Never use tuna that was packed in oil for this recipe. Always choose tuna that has been packed in water.