The Mozzarella cheese in this recipe makes this a gooey favorite with the kids.
Recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 pound uncooked macaroni or other shaped pasta
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the macaroni until done as usual. Do not overcook it. Drain macaroni in strainer.
- Place macaroni, butter, salt, pepper, milk, cream, mozzarella cheese, and 3 cups of cheddar cheese in casserole dish.
- Mix eggs in a bowl first and then stir into mixture.
- Cover everything with aluminum foil and cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and add extra cup of cheddar cheese across the top. Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.